Viewer Preferences (Edit menu)
Note: These editing options are available only when a PDF file is being edited in Able2Extract and no other activity on the file is in progress. Custom Excel mode must be disabled.
Use this command to specify how your PDF document will be displayed when opened by recipients with a standard PDF viewing application.
- Hide toolbar
- Hide window user interface
- Center window
- Hide menu bar
- Resize window to first page size
- Show document title
To implement any of the viewing options above, simply click on the checkbox beside it.
Users can also decide how the PDF pages themselves are displayed within the viewing window. Click on the drop down arrow beside each item to access the full list of options. Here is a close look at each option:
- Page Mode: specify how the PDF pages are shown on first opening the PDF file. Choose from Normal View, Outline Panel, Optional Content Group Panel, Thumbnail Panel, Attachments Panel, or Full Screen.
- Page Mode After Full Screen: decide how a PDF page is displayed after a user exits full screen mode. This is available only if Full Screen is selected as the Page Mode. Select from Normal View, Outline Panel, Optional Content Group Panel and Thumbnail Panel.
- Page Layout: determine how many pages are displayed at once – Single Page, One Column, Two Columns, First Page on Right, Two Columns, First Page on Left, Two Pages, First Page on Right, Two Pages, First Page on Left.
- The Start With section allows the user to specify the default page to display when the PDF file is opened.
- The Zoom Mode item allows the user to specify the zoom status to be displayed when the PDF file is opened. You can choose from Fit Window, Fit Width, and Custom. Selecting Custom will allow you to set a target value in the box.
Once your desired options are selected, click on OK. To save your changes to the file, click on Save or Save As... from the toolbar or the File menu.